Monday, July 18, 2011

Are You Sabotaging Your Life?



I have just returned from a trip into New York storm. I was accompanied by my husband, Phil, on Saturday morning breakfast meeting. He is working on an exciting project that requires the raising of money to bring a new motorcycle in the global market.

Yes, it's exciting to be sure! But as someone who easily gets excited and support for others' project, I had to ask: What are the things on my to do list, what goals I set for myself this year? I'm jamming to their progress toward these goals? Well, I can tell you from first hand experience of grabbing and supporting the "other" goals too tightly can sabotage your own progress ...

I must admit, I am someone who ignores their goals in support of others. I tend to think more about others success than my own. Stop it! I think to myself, but it really takes a lot of effort on my part.

Lately I've been very preoccupied with how successful people set and achieve their goals. If not careful, others may intercept your goals and my focus to achieve what is important to me. There are unlimited, and sometimes subtle distractions that can sabotage my desire to achieve "x ".

so I pulled a list that can be made ​​once a year and began reviewing and processing of my return from NYC and all the exciting events for Phila.

I know that setting goals is a universal process, but everyone seems to be a different approach. Here is my process for streamlining the goal-setting process.

1 Record! I'm always tempted to keep my goals a secret - even from yourself. Writing down my goal is an annual must for me. It serves to make me honest and the fact is, you're more likely to achieve your goals if you write them down!

2 Share your goals into categories - I use a personal, business and self development -. I like using this 3-column approach, because I can clearly see the priorities of different areas of your life

3 Examine why each goal is important to realize. I ask myself questions like: "How will my life be different if I make" x "?" or "Is this a goal that focuses the inner or outer directed?", "Am I willing to sacrifice time, money and other things needed to achieve this goal?" Remember, goals are only as good as its importance for the owner, ME. If your answer is tepid maybe should not be taking place at the "target list"

4 You know what you want and do not want in your life, before the adoption of the goal. This amounts to a self-conscious, like the tune in my values​​. I wonder: "Is this the goal of supporting who I am and my overall vision for your life?" For example, if the value of "fun" in life, May you have the qualifications that your goal must be an element of "fun" built in. Perhaps as a reward, even! When goals are linked to you in life, you are more likely to achieve them.

5 Meet your supporters and detractors. This is huge. I think that if I spend time with people who did not support, or who do not have goals for yourself, it brings me down and I smoke of course.

6 Share your goals with someone. Talking about your goals brings new ideas and support for them in the foreground. Try not to get the goals and aspirations a secret - their own and be proud of them. Stick to your life and move toward things that are important.

And as I return from New York and all the excitement revolves around my husband's project, I am reminded not to become distracted with other goal. I've got my annual list of the goal in front of me, and I review and revise goals for himself. I hope you will too because it will never be the optimum time to take action on things important to you. Now all you have. So start your list today!

I hope this inspires you to take some action today ...

No comments:

Post a Comment